Friday, October 14, 2011

The Bath

What a luxury! I filled a tub with the warmest water I could manage and soaked for half an hour today. It's been three years since I indulged in a bath. Of course, baths are not very environmentally friendly, but my right knee and left hip were aching. It helped a little.
My cold is almost all gone, but I still have a few sniffles and coughs going on. I feel fine otherwise.
Sadly, my daughter got sick with a cold during her visit with me last week. I feel very badly about it, but I didn't think it was worth canceling the visit. Now I'm not so sure...?
I did get most of my housework done. There's still plenty to do, but I'm enjoying the process of making the house a little more presentable day by day. The biggest thing was emptying closets and book cases. It was insane that I still had textbooks from the 1970s!! And...clothes from the same era. LOL! I'm down to one summer and one winter suit, two dresses and some dress pants. I feel lighter by measures!
Of course, now I'm thinking about substitute teaching to pick up some extra cash and also for the fun of teaching math and science. I need some "work" clothes, but what I have should suffice. I don't know that I will get any assignments, but it's fun to think about.
I'd like to make a little "extra" money so that I can buy a pellet stove and install solar panels for PV. I should have enough for the pellet stove with my income tax return, but if I can make money ahead of time...all the better! I haven't filled out the application yet, but I've downloaded the application and am thinking about it.
Well, this is all very prosaic. I'm sorry I don't have anything more inspired to say tonight. Life is good.
Tomorrow is an activist day for me. I'm going to stand a peace vigil with Veterans for Peace at 11 tomorrow. Then there's an Occupy Keene meeting in Railroad Square at 12:15. Finally at 6 PM, I'm going to a spaghetti dinner at Keene High School to benefit the Democratic Party. The big attraction is that Senator Bernie Sanders is the featured speaker.
*Happy Sigh!* Life is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment