Monday, April 7, 2014

Time

I love watching Neil DeGrasse Tyson's "Cosmos."  Sometimes I record it so I can watch it again.  There is so much to absorb about space-time and the laws of quantum mechanics that I can't "fix it" in my brain without hearing it repeated at least a couple of times.
Right now, I am thinking about Time in a very personal sense. 
I have asked a question and now I must wait patiently for the answer. 
Time seems to expand with the experience of waiting.  The hands on the clock move with the same speed as always, but the personal experience of their movement...the waiting seems infinitely slow.  
Of course, waiting for an answer isn't nearly as unendurable as waiting to hear the results of a biopsy for oneself or a loved one.  I am grateful that the only thing at stake is intellectual curiosity and the pursuit of truth.
The trouble with waiting is that there's a tendency to put life on hold.  I don't mean to do that.  I need to put all the worry and struggle aside and throw myself into life. 
I WILL get an answer in a few weeks or months.  That should be enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment