Saturday, August 16, 2014

Donation/Support Request


Pat Martin for New Hampshire House of Representatives
17 Farrar Road
Rindge, NH 03461
603-899-2894
 

Friends...
There's an old African proverb, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."  I am writing to ask you to become part of my journey running for the NH House of Representatives.  I am running to support a progressive agenda in Concord and I want you to join me.  I also want my campaign to be about promoting greater citizen engagement and civility in our governance at both the State and local level. 
I have made many of my best friends through my volunteer work and advocacy. These friends are people who have staying power, vision, aspirations for their children, and a desire to live happy, healthy lives, surrounded by friends. It is the relationships with such people that make all the work worthwhile. I want my campaign to be as engaging, fun and rewarding as the volunteer work we have shared.
Some of you may have pulled back from politics because the tenor of the public dialog has become so hostile. I am asking you to please pitch in again. What stops bullying is having other people stand up and insist on civility. 
If you can afford a financial donation to my campaign, I will appreciate whatever you can comfortably give.  To those who have already contributed, thank you so much!  The seat I’m running for is currently held by Harry Young. Harry asked me to run when he decided he could not.  The District includes Rindge, Jaffrey, Fitzwilliam, Dublin, Harrisville and Roxbury, so I need to cover a lot of territory with yard signs, printed materials and ads.  Fortunately, I am able to campaign and share expenses with Dick Ames and Doug Ley whose seats also cover Jaffrey, Dublin, Harrisville and Roxbury.  I am very proud to run with Dick and Doug, who are serving their district with distinction. A donation of only $10 will purchase 3 yard signs or 100 rack cards.  Every little bit helps.
But I must be clear... Bill O'Brien wants to take this seat back and will work hard to achieve that.  Every seat he wins back is a vote for Bill O’Brien to return as Speaker.
Whether or not you are able to contribute financially, I also need your help spreading the word about this campaign: adopt a yard sign, go door to door with me in your neighborhood, and generally encourage people to come out to vote this mid-term. 
I have set up a separate checking account for the campaign in my name. If you do write a check, please put "campaign donation" in the memo line.  My phone number is 603-899-2894 and email address is pmartin2894@yahoo.com.   

Please contact me if you are willing to join me on my journey to the NH House.  In the words of Granny D, "Democracy is not something we have, it’s something we do.”  
Gratefully,


Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment